Besides destroying your car, a car wreck can also cause life-altering consequences, such as broken bones, post-traumatic stress disorder, paralysis, disfigurement, and amputation.
Fortunately, a automobile accident lawyer in Louisiana can help you seek justice by handling every aspect of your case, from evidence preservation to representing you in court. That way, you’ll have plenty of time and energy to recover and get your life back together.
Read on to learn about what to do after a automobile accident in Louisiana, damages associated with automobile accidents, and Louisiana’s statute of limitations for filing automobile accident lawsuits. We will also cover how an experienced Louisiana automobile accident attorney can help you.
What To Do After a Automobile Accident in Louisiana
Being caught in a car can be terrifying. Follow these tips to care for yourself and pursue justice for your pain and suffering.
- Stay at the scene and call 911: Under Louisiana law, you must stay at the scene and immediately report the accident to the authorities.
- Take videos and photos of the automobile accident scene: Next, take videos and photos of the accident scene. Your attorney can later use these videos and photos to prove your case in court.
- Get medical help: Once you’ve called the authorities and taken pictures of the automobile crash, go to a clinic or hospital for medical help.
- Hire a skilled Louisiana automobile accident lawyer: Finally, contact a skilled automobile accident lawyer in Louisiana to get the damages you deserve. Your lawyer will determine whether you have a valid case. If you do, they will represent you in court and fight to maximize compensation.
Damages Associated with Automobile Accidents in Louisiana
Automobile accidents can result in a range of losses, including a totaled or ruined vehicle, emotional pain and suffering, the death of a loved one, and life-changing physical injuries and conditions.
A automobile accident lawyer in Louisiana can identify all of the losses you have suffered and the types of compensation you could pursue. Depending on your case, you may receive monetary compensation for the following losses after your car accident:
- Cost to replace or repair your car
- Lost wages for the time you missed due to your injuries
- Emotional anguish and pain
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries have made it impossible for you to work
- Loss of consortium — the deprivation of a family or spousal relationship due to injuries caused by the car accident
- Burial and funeral costs if a loved one died from the car accident
Statute of Limitations for Filing Automobile Accident Claims
Under Louisiana law, you only have a year from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. To ensure that everything is filed on and ahead of time, hire a tenacious and knowledgeable Louisiana automobile accident lawyer to fight for your rights.
How a Louisiana Automobile Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one have been hurt by a car accident, an experienced Louisiana automobile accident attorney at Ryland Law Firm can help you seek justice. Compassionate and tenacious, they will thoroughly analyze your case, gather evidence to establish fault, provide legal advice, negotiate with insurance companies and the opposing side(s), and represent you in court.
Call (318) 253-5961 to schedule a free consultation with the Ryland Law Firm.